The Peach Kings are the rock noir duo of Paige Wood and Steven Dies, whose songs capture a certain gritty nostalgia that combine a vintage sensibility with modern storytelling. With a raw sound and raucous stage presence, the curated vibe is a nod to classic cult movies and directors like Lynch, Tarantino, and Andersen. Embodying something unmistakably retro, their inspiration includes PJ Harvey, Nancy Sinatra, The Cramps, Lou Reed, Lee Hazelwood, and Portishead, adding their own undercurrent of sultry fuzz through every last note.
Within days of meeting back in 2010, The Peach Kings had a growing catalog of songs. A few months later, The Peach Kings, won the first place title as Alternative Apparel's "2010 Unsigned Artist of the Year" after going head to head against four other contenders in a battle of the bands. It was clear that their song writing and on stage chemistry hits a sweet spot.
Since the victory, the The Peach Kings self released a demo EP and a 6 track EP, establishing themselves as an authentic Los Angeles band with the perfect blend of grit and gloss, scoring major radio play and multiple "Today's Top Tune" honors on LA stations and beyond.
In 2011, The Peach Kings were hand selected and photographed by Drew Barrymore for an MTV Buzzworthy feature in V Magazine, alongside Warpaint, The Drums, Mayor Hawthorne, M83, and Mac Miller.
TPK music has been featured in dozens of TV shows, movies, and commercials. Most recently, "Fisherman" and "Like A Stone" were featured in the last two episodes of SHOtime's Shameless (season 4), "Thieves & Kings" was used as the "previously on" theme song for season 4 of HBO's Boardwalk Empire, and AUDI filmed TPK for the digital campaign for the new Audi Connect.
The band has played extensively in the Los Angeles area, with past residencies at The Bootleg Theater, The Satellite, and Harvard & Stone, as well as main headline support for the likes of The Heavy, Cyndi Lauper, Reggie Watts and Grouplove.
They recently completed two headlining national tours with over 40 dates each between December 2015 - October 2016. In that time they joined The Heavy (UK) for their album release tour and Cyndi Lauper for her most recent tour in support of her album "Detour."
Everyday they continue to make fans all around the world, sending vinyls across North America and Canada, all the way to places like Guam, Brazil, EU, Australia and Istanbul.
SOCIAL MEDIA (as of 2/16/17)
- http://www.facebook.com/peachkings - (10.2K Likes)
- http://soundcloud.com/thepeachkings - (490K plays)
- http://instagram.com/thepeachkings - (13K Followers)
- https://twitter.com/thepeachkings - (1.5K Followers)
- https://www.songkick.com/artists/3488316-peach-kings (3.1K Followers)
- http://bandsintown.com/ThePeachKings?came_from=234 (4.1K Followers)
- Guilt - S01E07
- Deserted (Film)
- Gotham - FOX - S01E09
- Shameless - SHOtime - S4E11 & S4E12
- Audi - Audi Connect
- Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - HBO - "Previously on.." section for entire season
- Thanks For Sharing (Film) Lionsgate
- Pawn (Film)
- Catfish: The TV Show - MTV - S02E07
- Boardwalk Empire Season 4 Trailer - HBO
- Do No Harm (x3) – NBC, Mob Wives (x2) – VH1, The Arrow – CW Network, Nikita – CW Network, Necessary Roughness – USA, , Free Ride – Indi Film, Red Bull Media House – Web
PAST Tour Dates
- SongKick Gigography
- Direct Tour Support for Cyndi Lauper 2016, 13 US cities
- Direct Tour Support for The Heavy 2016 West Coast
- Headlining Tours 2015 West Coast
- Opening for Reggie Watts at El Cid (2015) (x2)
- California Coast Tour w/ Old Man Canyon (11/7/14-11/14/14)
- CMJ 2014 - Official showcase: Arlenes Grocery (sold out) (Oct 2014)
- LA Weekly's Chinatown Summer Nights with Moving Units (2014)
- The Hotel Cafe (May 2014)
- Month Long Residency - Bootleg Bar (Dec 2013)
- Chris Douridas (kcrw) + mfg present It's A School Night at Bardot, Hollywood - (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Main Stage - Main Headliner Support - Make Music Pasadena (2013)
- Main Stage - Make Music Pasadena (2012)
- Official SXSW Showcase presented by The Roxy (2012)
- KCRW Presents The Peach Kings at The Bootleg Theater (LA) (2012)
- Communion Records showcase at Union Hall (NYC) (2012)
- August 2012 Residency at Harvard & Stone (LA)
- Two (2) Microphones up front
- Two (2) Peavey Delta Blues 115
- One (1) Vox AC15 guitar combo
- Power for 2 pedal boards up front
- Power for 3 Amps in back
- (OPTION )One (1) DI box for Moog SubPhatty synth keyboard
- (OPTION) Bass Amp
- (OPTION) Power for Bass Amp + Moog SubPhatty in back
2016 Headlining u.s. Tours
The single "Showdown" is the first release of 2017. It is the first single of many that the band is self releasing this year.
(1) Mojo Thunder (2) Hold On (3) Say What (4) Be Around (5) Mojo Thunder [Kent Rockafeller Remix]
This follow-up EP to the self released debut EP, Handsome Moves, is a co-release with MOPHONICS MUSIC + SOUND studios in Venice, CA.
"Mojo Thunder" remix by KENT ROCKAFELLER
"Mojo Thunder" music video by ATABOY STUDIOS
Album art by MEL WEINER
PR by CRASH AVENUE
- IndieShuffle "Showdown" Review
- Best New Bands Live Review
- Buzzbands.la "Mojo Thunder EP" Review
- IndieShuffle "Mojo Thunder EP" Review
- The Sights and Sounds "Mojo Thunder EP" Review
- MTV Buzzworthy - House Party with Drew Barrymore
- Pasadena Weekly - Sultry Psychedelic Style
- Interview Magazine - Band Discoverywith band interview
- Wanna Play "Lonely" Review
- Indie Pop Nation feature
- Blame It On My ADD - Band Crush
- Grimy Goods - Hot Band Alert
- We Are Hunted Band Review
- The Grapevine Music "Trip Wop EP" Review
- Buzzbands.la "Thieves & Kings" Video Review
CMJ 2014 Press Coverage
- Galore Magazine feature
- Pancakes & Whiskey, "Whiskey Session"
- Pancakes & Whiskey, Delancey showcase recap
- The Lo Down, preview coverage